The primary goal of the Classification and Compensation Review Project is to review the current Professional and Scientific (P&S) jobs and pay practices in order to design a new, market-driven structure and pay philosophy that enable the attraction, retention and reward of P&S employees at Iowa State that is aligned with our mission, and is fair, equitable and FLSA compliant.
- Create and establish a university-wide compensation philosophy for P&S staff
- Develop defined job families for P&S jobs
- Develop a P&S pay structure that accounts for market and internal job equity
- Develop defined pay administration policies and practices to maintain a modern and competitive pay program
- Create a framework for the future development of P&S career pathways