Student Accommodations

 If you feel you have been discriminated against because of religion, gender, or disability, you may contact the Office of Equal Opportunity, UHR Service Center, or file a complaint under the Discrimination and Harassment policy.

Disability Accomodations

Iowa State students with physical or mental impairments who are otherwise qualified to pursue their studies may request reasonable accommodations to enable them to continue their studies. The Americans with Disabilities Act, the Rehabilitation Act, and Iowa's Civil Rights Act enables covered individuals to receive accommodations so long as the accommodations are reasonable and do not cause an undue hardship or fundamentally alter an academic program.

In all instances, documentation will be required to substantiate the need for an accommodation. It is advisable to confront any potential conflicts as early as possible rather than waiting until the deadline or event is upon you, leaving everyone little time to plan and consider alternatives in a comprehensive way. This can be as soon as you receive a course syllabus

Request for Accomodations

Contact Student Accessibility Resources Office to initiate the accommodation process. You may seek additional assistance from the Office of Equal Opportunity, UHR Service Center, or the Dean of Students Office.