- Employee Benefits
- Tools for Employees
- Tools for Employing Units
- Contact UHR
Energize your Leadership Process
Energize your Leadership Process workshop series is designed to help ISU veteran supervisors enhance their skills and recharge their energy for functioning as an effective supervisor. The series content is based on the top needs identified in the ISU Supervisor Training Needs Assessment Survey. The goal of this series is to provide ISU Supervisors with the current science related to the identified topics of supervision and practice the art of implementing the science to enhance their supervisory skills.
To assist supervisors in their role of developing employees, the series focuses on coaching skills, motivation and engagement, performance management, providing feedback, handling difficult behaviors, and managing conflict.
The overall series objectives include:
- Participants will explore strategies for coaching and developing employees.
- Participants will learn about motivation and developing engaged employees.
- Participants will review performance management and the role of performance reviews.
- Participants will review ISU policies/processes regarding performance management and employee conduct.
- Participants will learn how to give and receive feedback.
- Participants will explore how difficult behaviors and personalities develop and how to address these behaviors in relations.
- Participants will explore managing and resolving conflicts.
- Participants will apply this information and concepts to specific case studies.
A series of six, three-hour sessions held once a week for approximately every three weeks.
Session 1 – January 4, 2018, 9 – 12 PM
Session 2 – January 25, 2018, 9 – 12 PM
Session 3 – February 15, 2018, 9 – 12 PM
Session 4 – March 8, 2018, 9 – 12 PM
Session 5 – March 29, 2018, 9 – 12 PM
Session 6 – April 19, 2018, 9 – 12 PM
Cost is $300/Participant, which is usually paid by the employee's department
Reigster at Learn@ISU