Classification and Compensation Review
The primary goal of the Classification and Compensation Review Project is to review the current Professional and Scientific (P&S) jobs and pay practices in order to design a new, market-driven structure and pay philosophy that enable the attraction, retention and reward of P&S employees at Iowa State that is aligned with our mission, and is fair, equitable and FLSA compliant.
- Create and establish a university-wide compensation philosophy for P&S staff
- Develop defined job families for P&S jobs
- Develop a P&S pay structure that accounts for market and internal job equity
- Develop defined pay administration policies and practices to maintain a modern and competitive pay program
- Create a framework for the future development of P&S career pathways
Resources and Tools:
Classification and Compensation Review Project FAQ - click here
*As we move through the Classification and Compensation Review, more FAQs will be added to the above document. Please check back frequently or email firstname.lastname@example.org or provide feedback in the space provided at the bottom of this page.
Classification and Compensation Review Project Teams - click here
Classification and Compensation Glossary of Terms - click here
Classification and Compensation Level Guidelines - click here
HR ISD Directory - click here
Classification and Compensation Review Project Updates
- January 4, 2017 - Classification and Compensation Review Update presented at P&S Council - Download here
- May 4, 2017 - Classification and Compensation Review Update presented at P&S Council - Download here
- September 9, 2017 - Recording of Classification and Compensation Review Informational Forum - Watch here
- October 10, 2017* - Project Overview
- March 13, 2018* - Market-based Pay Structure
- March 12, 2019* - Classification Structure & Level Guidelines
- September 10, 2019* - Project Overview & Update
- March 2, 2020 - President's Memo: Implementation of new P&S Classification and Compensation structure
*Recorded updates from P&S Council Seminars can be found in Learn@ISU under the Professional and Scientific Council section of the Course Catalog. For Learn@ISU recordings, you will need to log in using your Net-ID and password. Instructions on how to do so can be found here.