- Employee Benefits
- Tools for Employees
- Tools for Employing Units
- Contact UHR
Open Change Period Information
The 2018 Open Change Period will begin on Wednesday, November 1, 2017 and close on Friday, November 17, 2017 at 5:00pm. This is the time of the year when you have an opportunity to elect or change your health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts and optional eyewear plan or the upcoming plan year.
It is the employee's responsibility to be aware of open change and to review benefit elections and beneficiaries.
IMPORTANT: Merit employees must make an election during the open change period for medical and dental insurance plans for 2018 coverage.
Open Change Guides
Recorded Web Cast - if you missed the live webcast event on Friday, November 3, 2017, you may listen to the recorded session by clicking the links below.
- Pre/Post Doctoral Associates: https://connect.extension.iastate.edu/phvhu2s6klea/
- Merit Staff: https://connect.extension.iastate.edu/pq6ghtl9euq5/
- Faculty, P&S and Supervisory/Confidential Merit Staff: https://connect.extension.iastate.edu/p1oz2dtnfccq/
Computer Lab Classroom Schedule for Merit Employees: The ISU Benefits Team will be available during these come-and-go sessions for assistance with AccessPlus and making benefit changes.
Friley 2420A Lab*
- November 2 - 9:00am -10:50am
- November 3 - 11:00am -1:00pm
- November 10 - 3:00pm - 4:30pm
- November 13 - 2:30pm - 4:00pm
* Enter Friley through the first set of double doors on the northwest side of the building, across from Union Drive Community Center. Inside, turn right and go past the hall desk. Room 2420A is located on the right.
Gerdin Building 1117 Computer Classroom
- November 6 - 4:30pm - 6:00pm
- November 13 - 4:30pm - 6:00pm
Heady Hall Room 64
- November 7 - 3:00pm - 4:00pm
- November 10 - 8:30am - 10:30am
- November 14 - 11:00am - 1:00pm
- November 16 - 11:00am - 1:00pm
Effective Dates for Changes Made During Open Change Period:
- January 1 - medical/prescription drug, dental insurance, eyewear plan, health care flexible spending account or dependent care assistance program
- January 1 or upon Principal approval - life insurance