- Employee Benefits
- Tools for Employees
- Tools for Employing Units
- Contact UHR
There may be other additional discounts in the community that are not included in the following information. Below is a listing of the known value added services with our current benefit vendors:
All employees are encouraged to research and compare prices and services before purchasing, signing any contract or making any arrangements. Any arrangements, services or products from any discount program are strictly between the employee, as a consumer, and the merchant, and are the sole responsibility of the individual employee.
All vendor discount services are offered at the discretion of the vendor. The State of Iowa and ISU assume no responsibility for any arrangements, contracts, purchases or disputes between an individual employee and any discount merchant.
- Elect to have your explanation of benefits delivered electronically instead of through the mail. Sign up online at: https://www.deltadentalia.com/member/
- All Delta Dental subscribers have access to a vision discount program through EyeMed Vision Care.
More information and a card on vision discount services can be found on the Delta Dental website under “Member Quicklinks” and then click on “Vision Discount Program”
- Elect to have explanation of benefits delivered electronically instead of through the mail. Sign up for this great benefit through Wellmark Here.
- Blue365 Member Discounts and Services: As a member of the Blues, you have access to discounts and services through Blue365 related to diet, family care, financial, fitness, hearing, trave and vision.Available discounts and contact information are found on the Wellmark website:Here
- Identity Protection Services
Wellmark is enhancing value-added benefits by offering identity protection services! Wellmark health members are eligible to receive identity protection services. Members can enroll through their myWellmark account online or over the phone by calling 866-486-4812.
Members will need their Wellmark ID card and the following enrollment code: 4170999624, also found on the member’s myWellmark account-when they sign up for services.
Wellmark is working with identity protection services provider, ID Experts, to deliver a robust list of identity protection services. ID Experts will provide members with the same level of service they expect from Wellmark. Eligible members will have access to the following services at no cost:
- Credit monitoring: Monitors activity that may affect a member’s credit record
- Cyber monitoring: Monitoring the web 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to make sure member information has not been stolen
- Fraud detection: Alerts members when activity has been identified and protects them from all types of identity theft
- Complete identity recovery: Concierge-style services to help members recover your identity if it has been compromised
- Reimbursement insurance: $1 million of identity-theft recovery insurance
As an employee covered by a group term life insurance policy form Principal Life Insurance Company, you are eligible for travel assistance services provided by AXA Assistance
You, your spouse and dependent children (whether traveling together or separately) have access to travel, medical, legal and financial assistance plus emergency medical evacuation benefits when traveling domestically or internationally 100 or more miles away from home for up to 120 consecutive day.
These services are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. For more information:www.principal.com/travelassistance
Identity Theft Kit & Legal Documents
This is a big expense saver for families and a great value-added benefit!
Services are available through ARAG/Principal Financial Group.At any time you may begin using these free
documents by visiting:www.ARAGwills.com/Principal.
- Living Will
- Healthcare Power of Attorney
- Financial Power of Attorney preparation
ARAG provides you with the information on how to protect and restore your identify if it is stolen.
To begin this service from the ARAG web site, click on:
- “Register Here” on the right-hand column of the screen.
- The system will require you to enter the Iowa State University group policy number N1460.
If you have questions or would like to learn more about this service contact Customer Care at:
The following are available when enrolled in ISU Life and/or Long-Term Disability
- Hearing Aid Programs –
- Free annual screenings through American Hearing Benefits, Inc.Eligible for up to 60% off digital hearing aids with two-ear warranty at no additional charge. For information go Here or 877-890-4694.
- Ear Professional International Corporation (EPC) offers access to a large network of audiologists. Eligible to receive up to 60% off major brand hearing aids. Follow-up care and batteries available for one year are included for hearing aids purchased through EPIC. For information go to:www.principal.com/hearingbenefits/epic or 866-956-5400.
- Oral Health Care – Discounts available on Epic brand (contains Xylitol) toothpaste, oral rinse, mints and gum. For information go to:www.epicdental.com.
- Diabetic Living Magazine subscription. For information to go:www.principal.com/diabeticliving.
- Laser Vision Correction – Through the National Lasik Network, administered by LCA-Vision, Inc., you, your spouse and dependent children receive savings on one of the most frequently performed elective surgeries in America. For information go to:www.principallasik.com or 888-647-3937.
Perks Connect: Get discounts at over 300,000 merchants, 350 national retailers and 200 gift card brands, plus thousands of daily deals and cash back online savings.
To register for Perks:
- Go to: https://member.perksconnect.com
- Click “Register Now” in the upper middle area of the site
- In “Your Group Code,” enter STOFIA and click “register”
- Complete the Profile information