Opens: 8:00 am Wednesday, November 1, 2023
Closes: 5:00 pm Friday, November 17, 2023
Open Enrollment is the time of year when you have an opportunity to elect or change your benefits for the upcoming plan year. Even if you are not planning to change your benefit elections, it is a great opportunity to review your benefits and dependents. It is the employee's responsibility to be aware of open enrollment and to review benefit elections and eligible dependents.
2024 Benefit Changes/Overview
When Do Changes Become Effective?
- January 1, 2024 - Medical, Dental, Avesis Vision, Health Care Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Assistance Program
- January 1, 2024 or first of the month following approval, whichever is later for Group term Basic Life, Dependent Life or Voluntary Term Life Insurance
Meetings with Benefits Office Staff
If you have questions or would like to meet with a Benefits Office staff member, please call 515-294-4800 or email email@example.com to schedule an appointment between the hours of 8am and 4pm Monday through Friday. Appointments may be held in person or virtually via Zoom or Teams. We anticipate a high volume of calls in November as the ISU retiree open enrollment is also going on at the same time. Please be patient and leave a message and allow 48 hours for us to return your call.
What should I Do During Open Enrollment?
- Review plans, make changes and confirm elections in Workday
- Please ensure that your dependents remain eligible for benefits in which they are enrolled. If not, you should remove them during Open Enrollment.
- Access ALEX, a virtual benefits assistant
- If you are retiring prior to December 31, please do not use Workday to make changes, instead set up an appointment with a Benefits Consultant