- Employee Benefits
- Tools for Employees
- Tools for Employing Units
- Contact UHR
Tools for Managing Workplace Conflict
Tools for Managing Workplace Conflict workshops focus on the practical understanding of conflict and how to use tools that will engage employees to reduce the destructive impact of conflict in the workplace as a result of attitudes and perceptions.
The content of Tools for Managing Workplace Conflict cover three major sources of conflict:
- Conflict management and conflict resolution.
- The principles of employee engagement.
- The tools of engagement:
- Group Guidelines
- Vision, Mission, Objectives
- Facilitative Coaching
- Emotional Intelligence
Process for Approaching Conflict
The series will also cover available University Resources, and the application to case studies. By the end of the series, participants will:
- Develop a basic understanding of conflict.
- Learn the basic tools of engagement.
- Explore how conflict impacts their work.
- Learn a process for addressing conflict situations.
- Apply engagement tools to conflict situations.
Identify what resources are available at Iowa State University for handling conflicts.
A series of three, two-hour workshops conducted approximately every other week within a two month period of time.
Session 1 – November 13, 2017, 9 – 11 AM
Session 2 – November 28, 2017, 9 – 11 AM
Session 3 – December 12, 2017, 9 – 11 AM
Session 1 – February 20, 2018, 9 – 11 AM
Session 2 – March 6, 2018 9 – 11 AM
Session 3 – March 20, 2018, 9 – 11 AM
Cost for the series will be $75, which includes a resource book, handout materials, and snacks.
The interactive series will be limited to 25 participants. Register at Learn@ISU