- Employee Benefits
- Tools for Employees
- Tools for Employing Units
- Contact UHR
The mission of Iowa State University’s University Human Resources is to provide consultation, support, and services to help satisfy the University’s strategies for enhancing diversity, strengthening human resource management, and promoting professional development.
The gateway to careers and opportunities at one of the foremost, public research institutions of higher education in the country.
- We attract outstanding faculty and staff.
- We provide exemplary service and support by delivering high quality information, training, and resources.
- We deliver best practices, innovative solutions, and continuous improvement to engage, develop and retain a diverse workforce.
- We cultivate an inclusive culture where faculty, staff, and students feel valued, respected, and empowered.
- The values that guide us.
Deliver exemplary service
UHR has knowledgeable and collaborative staff who partner with our clients to provide responsive, value-added solutions.
Value our people
UHR advances an inclusive culture that promotes a safe, supportive and welcoming environment for all. We empower each other and we are one ISU team.
Engage with integrity
UHR builds a community of trust by engaging every person with respect, compassion, and integrity; and we act with courage and competence in holding each other accountable.
Advocate for fairness and equity
UHR conducts business in a manner that promotes fairness and equity in our HR policies, practices and procedures. We apply federal, state and university standards consistently and with sensitivity to the diversity of our clients and environment.
Steward our resources
UHR takes responsibility for the university resources entrusted to our care including talent, programs, finances, information, environment and reputation.
Ready for the future
UHR ensures that our business practices are relevant today and ready for the future. We are resourceful, creative and forward thinking.